IJCAI 2015 - Doctoral Consortium
Call for Applications
Students are invited to apply for admission to the doctoral consortium to be held at the IJCAI conference, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 25 July-1 August 2015.
The doctoral consortium provides an opportunity for Ph.D. students to discuss their research interests and career objectives with established researchers in AI, network with other participants, and receive mentoring about career planning and career options. The doctoral consortium will expose students to different areas of research within AI and help building professional connections within the international community of AI researchers. We also welcome applications of students who recently obtained their Ph.D. (after August 31st, 2014) provided that they do not have a faculty position.
- Deadline for applications: February 26, 2015
- Notification of acceptance: April 16, 2015
Perspective applicants should submit:
- a two-page extended abstract on their thesis, formatted following the IJCAI requirements. Accepted abstracts will be included in the IJCAI Proceedings and be presented briefly at the doctoral consortium. Acceptance for publication is not a requirement for admission to the doctoral consortium, but submission is required to apply to the doctoral consortium. Accepted extended abstracts will be published in the IJCAI Proceedings.
- a curriculum vitae (2 pages) with background (name, university), education (degree sought, year/status in degree, previous degrees), employment, and relevant experience in research (publications, presentations, conferences attended, etc).
- a personal statement (1-2 pages max) with answers to the following questions:
- Is this the first time you attend IJCAI DC? If not, have you attended other DC? Please say which one(s) and what was most useful to you.
- Have you submitted an article to IJCAI and/or IJCAI workshops?
- When do you expect to graduate?
- What type of job do you desire after graduation (research, teaching, development, etc)?
- a letter of support from the advisor
Submissions to: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ijcai2015dc (Closed)
For additional information and questions contact:
Maria Gini (Univ. of Minnesota, USA)
Silvia Schiaffino (ISISTAN, UNCPBA, Argentina)
Co-chairs, Doctoral Consortium, IJCAI 2015